Rodent Removal in Sacramento
Rodent season is upon us, and at North American Home Services, we understand your frustrations and the concerns when your house has rodents of any kind. Rodents are hard to control and they are just not fun to live with. NAHS has been around for over 25 years and we have had great success each and every time when eliminating rodents.
Being one of the leading pest control companies and rodent specialists in the Sacramento area, we can offer you the guarantee that the furry little trespassers will want to leave your home once we are done with it. Our specialized technicians are well trained and skilled at identifying the entry points. Once we have identified how they got in then we can go full force with our rodent program. Baiting and trapping, along with exclusion repair, giving you the peace of mind of same day next day service if the unwanted rodents continue to move in.
Always remember…We are a small enough company to know who you are but a large enough company to handle any job; contact North American Home Services today or Like us on Facebook for our latest news and promotions.
Fun facts about rodents:
- It is possible that a male rat and a female rat can have over one million descendents in less than two years.
- Rats can successfully breed as early as six weeks of age and produce one litter of 1-20+ offspring a month until they are 1.5-2 years of age.
- Rats have terrible eyesight and therefore are rarely seen in the middle of rooms or clearings where their whiskers aren’t touching the perimeter of a landmark or wall.
- The glands rats have on the bottom of their feet leave a wet scent trail to mark their way back.
- An adult rat can squeeze into your home through a hole as small as the size of a quarter.
- Rats can live for about 2-4 years (some recorded at 7 years), but most die before they are one year old.
- Rats have excellent memory. Once they learn a road path, they will never forget it.
- Rats are colorblind and can’t see objects that are far off. They use their sense of smell to figure out what they are seeing.
- Rats have excellent memories and are more intelligent than rabbits, hamsters, mice, gerbils and guinea pigs.
- Smell, taste, touch and sound help direct them to their food sources.
- Rats were also responsible for spreading Bubonic Plague, also known as the “Black Death” which killed over a third of the people in Europe. Although fleas were primarily responsible for infecting humans, they were originally infected with the plague by feeding on the blood of rats.